The tabs across the page here at the top are separate pages.
Finland-Sweden trip is a link to my journal blog I kept during my trip there. Farm sweet Farm is pictures of the house, ect that we spent 2 1/2 years in-our first taste of "country living" during our married years. (And are just leaving) This is a work in progress for my scrapbook.
House to Home page is the picture journal of making our "new" house in the West part of the state into our home (On-going current)





Thursday, December 11, 2008

I'm going to try!

To do This:
I don't like pictures of myself. Unfortunately with that thought, I would like pictures of me with my kids.
My hubby has never been much for being behind the camera, and since he's been afflicted with the "after 40" eye sight thing, it's gotten worse because he can't see thru the viewer very well. Even the digital screen I've discovered!
Sunday was our special meeting, and I decided I would jump in and take the plunge, get a head start on next year! I used to do it more, but have really slacked off on it.
So, here's the result, along with one of my favorites taken before special meeting--December 1986!
Still don't like pictures of myself, although I realize I would rather look back on the ones 22 years ago, so give me another "20" years, I may like this one too!
Dec 2008
I just realized here that with this current one, these are my youngest 5, with this older one these are my oldest 6. Wonder if I can scare up a photo with my youngest 6? hmmm...
Dec 1986

17 comments:

  1. Wow, a nice looking house and a nice looking family! Yeah, I'd rather show off any other photos than those of myself, but it's just one of those things where the way you view a photo of yourself isn't the way others see it. (Not as picky, definitely.)
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, I might try that! I'm always complaining because I don't have any good pictures of me and Jessi...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures!! A good looking family for sure. I've been noticing lately that I have a lot pictures of just the kids, or the kids and Travis but very few of me with them. Maybe I should try this too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the shoes. Poor Ryan he really is a middle child isn't he. Either that or he's really good a missing out on pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once a week?!?! I'm going to hold you to that now! LOL! (obviously, I need to do it too!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Jeanne-Yes to both!!
    @Nish-Yea, once a week is a little much, I was thinking it was once a month, and even that would be a stretch, so we'll see. Meshayla keeps telling me "Mom-you need to take more random photos"! (she keeps seeing all the ones I used to take!)
    She's right!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't old pictures fun to look back at...and one of these days our "recent pics" will be the "old" ones. You're right, we all probably look better now than we will 20 years down the road. I'm going to try this challenge also...but it'll probably be more like every other week or so.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i was trying to find a photo of you on your blog the other day. i wanted a non-blogging friend to see how young this mother of 12 looks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love kara and kaela's outfits! very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute mother/children pictures. My time for that is past...now I try to get pictures with the grandchildren. I do have a few pictures of me with the kids through the years. You are an amazing woman to raise 12 kids and keep your sanity. ; ) I struggled at times with 4 of them. You are right about the changes you see in pictures through the years. I've been going through mine and I can't believe how things have changed. I'm so glad I have the pictures to keep the memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These pictures amaze me! It makes me start to realize just how many kids you have had......I don't think the pictures of you are bad. In the recent picture you still appear to have your sanity, All your hair and it isn't even shock white, and you are standing tall. I think you should be pround of yourself. I feel like I have a hard time raising 2 kids....I know I wouldn't look as good as you after 12 kids!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Neato! I've been trying to get more of me in the pics after going through their photo albums awhile back and not seeing much of myself!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was looking at the sites you also view. I know Denise B. She goes to Sunday meeting with my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  14. denise b i married to my cousin by the way . i was going to say that in the top one you just look like one of the kids! at least in the bottom one you're still the tallest! nice pictures. i just don't get how you have done it. it's like this mystery to me. it looks like you've done it without trying too hard!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww..what a pretty old lady. She must have been beautiful when she was young! ;) LOL

    I love you mum!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So great to see you with the kids! And I think it can be rough with my three boys, you are incredible! Your kids are just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you!